Vicostone® Surfaces are low-maintenance
Vicostone® surfaces are easy to clean and maintain. Their shine and beauty will last for many, many years if properly cared for.
- Use only mild detergent and tap water for daily routine cleaning, and rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
- For stubborn spots, instead of mild detergent apply a household mild, non-abrasive cleanser with neutral pH (pH is between 5 and 9) on a damp, moist soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge, and make sure to rinse after cleaning.
- If food, chewing gum, nail-polish, paint or any other foreign matter is found sticking to the top/floor, simply scrape away with a sharp blade or sharp plastic scraper. Then wash and rinse the surface the normal way with water.
- It is advisable not to use hydrofluoric acid or any product containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride and paint strippers.
- VICOSTONE® Quartz surfaces are designed and manufactured to withstand moderate heat (heat resistant) but the product is not heat proof. We always recommend using a hot pad or trivet when setting down hot pans or cooking plates on your countertops.
- Common kitchen implements including sharp knives won’t damage the VICOSTONE® Quartz surfaces, but continued use of kitchen knives on the bench tops could dull the polished surface. Care should be exercised when moving heavy objects and avoid dropping heavy kitchen tools.
- For outdoor installs it is advised to avoid direct sunlight over a prolonged period.
Once or twice a month, we recommend giving the surface a good intensive cleaning. For this, we recommend the following products:
- Pink pot scourer, with white scouring pad
- Chemico Liquid Cleaner
This combination provides a thorough cleaning and does not scratch or damage the surface.
Surfaces in special finishes (including honed, leather, eggshell and brushed finishes) require additional maintenance and care compared to polished surfaces. The area exposed on a special finish is more than that of the polished surface; hence any dirt or markings might be more obvious on a special finish. These markings can be removed by using non-abrasive cleaning products as mentioned above.
Warning! Don’t use the green Scotchbrite pot scourers (or similar products). These are very abrasive and they can cause permanent damage to your countertop.